22 February 2010

i don't feel like thinking up a title

last week* was pretty great. aside from the fact that my computer destroyed itself.
*this post will ONLY be about last week because i probably shouldn't write about the endless frustration that has been today. at least not in a public place...

i was super nervous going in to the week because i had an english class for parents. out of the nine that had signed up, only three showed up. but, it was nevertheless a great time. i really enjoyed getting to know the three mothers that came. i thought that i could only teach children, but i learned that teaching people who are older than me really isn't that scary.

and i guess it wasn't too bad of a time for them either, because they're all coming back to meet me for lunch tomorrow. which i'm pretty excited about.

i seriously wish i could teach a class for parents every week. i'm actually considering asking my school if i could teach extra classes...

this week, i am teaching first and second graders and they are absolutely adorable.

on friday, my school had a dinner meeting which basically lasted forever. but, my principal came up to me and told me that he thought i was a great teacher and was so happy that i came to his school. apparently, the parents had visited his office after class on friday and told him that i was great. pretty much one of the best compliments i've ever received.

i should have majored in elementary education.

No comments:

Post a Comment