27 June 2010

too fast to live...

...too young to die.

g-dragon--just a little something to keep the mood from being too depressing.

and here's where all the lightheartedness ends. this isn't going to be my typical "i-love-bigbang-oh-my-gosh-T.O.P" post. also, i apologize for the scattered-ness of this post. i'm writing the way i'm thinking, which isn't very clearly at the moment. this past week, i had to come to terms with reality, and this has being weighing heavily on my heart and mind for the past couple of days.

this past week, i realized [once again] the following two truths: 1.) life is not fair, and 2.) life is too short.

terrible things happen, and i guess it's just one of those mysteries in life that i will never understand. but maybe it's for the best that i can't comprehend why things happen, and why tragedies occur everday.

i'm too young to know people who die. i mean, people my age. it's not like i haven't ever known anyone who has died, quite the contrary. it's just that i'm only twenty-two years old. people my age [or younger] just shouldn't die.

it's not fair. to have your whole life ahead of you--to have hopes and dreams and plans--and then to suddenly have everything snatched away. to be gone in the blink of an eye.

life is so short--too short. moments gone, seconds wasted. we're not guaranteed time. i don't know which moment will be my last; no one does. you blink your eyes, and it's over.

this past week i realized that no one is exempt from death. no matter how young you are or how good you are or how big your dreams are.

i have so many dreams and so many things that i want to accomplish with however much time i have. i'm tired of wasting time, counting down the minutes during the long afternoons until i can go home, or trying to race through the days until some big, exciting event. instead, i should be living each moment on purpose because i don't know how many i have.

in church, they always said that each day is a gift from God. but i think the truth is that each second is a gift.

2 comments:

  1. yes, life to too short. So I want to say publicly "I love you. I am proud of you and I am thankful you are my daughter. You are a gift from God to your father & I. Hugs!" Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean. I came to this same realization about a month ago. A guy I knew in high school was killed in a very tragic accident. It was so sudden and unexpected. He was going to help out some friends whose car had gotten stuck in a ditch on the side of the highway after they hydroplaned..and while he was there trying to help them a tractor trailer lost control and after his friends yelled run--he didn't run fast enough. He was killed instantly. I went to his funeral and I was just floored by how quickly our lives can be over. I've wasted a lot of time. I'm sorry I'm posting a novel. I just wanted to say that I know how you feel. We're so young---but we don't know God's plans for our lives and how that plan could mean we are not on this earth for as long as we might expect to be. It was a wake-up call for me. Anyways...I love you friend and miss you. I want to see you when you are in the states. Sorry we've not skyped yet. I just don't get on it that much. I need to though. I want to hear all about your adventures overseas. :) You are my hero for doing what you've done. You really are. I'm not that brave. JJ misses Mirda. for reals. I do hope I get to see you! :)

    ReplyDelete